Place Ad
Contact Us

police reports:

• Sept. 28: Officers responded to a call at The Rush Fitness Center where the victim stated person(s) unknown gained entry into his locker. The victim advised police he had a combination lock on it and could not tell that it had been tampered with. The victim’s Visa/debit card had been stolen. Rush Fitness Center was going to check their surveillance camera.

• Sept. 28: A Canton Hollow Road man advised police that person(s) unknown entered his truck and stole his handgun from the center console. The victim advised his vehicle was locked and the alarm was on. The victim could not see signs of forced entry. This occurred in the parking lot of Gander Mountain at Turkey Creek.

• Sept. 28: Officers were dispatched to Kohl’s off Kingston Pike concerning shoplifting. The witness stated that he witnessed the arrestee take three pieces of merchandise from Kohl’s. The witness stated that the arrestee returned to the store about 20 minutes later and attempted to get a refund on the stolen merchandise. The witness stated that the total value is $275 and was caught on the in-store video. The witness stated that the arrestee was not allowed back on the property.

• Sept. 29: Officers responded to a call at the Pilot station off Campbell Station Road. The complainant advised police that the suspect drove up to the pump, filled up his car and drove off without paying.

• Sept. 30: An Avocet Lane man advised police that his wallet had been stolen out of his vehicle. The complainant had gone inside the gas station and left his windows down in his vehicle and had left his wallet on the seat. When the complainant came back outside, the wallet was gone. The unknown suspect had taken the wallet sometime while the complainant was inside the gas station.

• Oct. 1: Officers responded to a call off Heatherwood Court for a possible overdose. The suspect was found running on East Fox Den Road and attempted to strike officer’s vehicle with his fist. Officer, after a short foot chase, caught victim at Grigsby Chapel Road. Victim had cuts on his hands and blood all over his face and clothes. The cuts on his hands were from punching a mirror. Victim had strong odor of alcoholic beverage and stated he was going to kill himself. It was unknown what else the victim had taken. Several unknown pills were found in his vehicle. The victim was transported to Parkwest emergency room by Rural Metro and attempted to run from hospital. Officers caught him before he could exit the emergency room. No one was injured.

• Oct. 2: An East Heritage Drive woman advised police that two scooters were missing from her back yard.

• Oct. 4: A student at Farragut High School advised police that his wallet and cell phone were stolen from his pants pocket while he was in gym class. The victim stated he changed for class and left his rolled-up pants under a stairwell during 3rd block gym. When he returned, he discovered the wallet and phone were missing. Another student found the phone in the sink of the men’s restroom near the gym, but the wallet was still missing. The victim was advised her card had been used at the Farragut Phillips 66 Station. The victim’s wallet was later found on Kingston Pike near Firestone Tire store. Cash, ATM card and other personal papers were missing, but the wallet was otherwise intact. Investigation is


• Oct. 4: Officers responded to a possible armed robbery at Food City on Kingston Pike. Upon arrival and further investigation, it was determined that this was a mutual assault, wherein neither suspect/victim wished to pursue prosecution.

• Oct. 4: Officers responded to a call at the Pilot station on Campbell Station Road. A white male drove off without paying for $15.00 in gasoline. The suspect was driving and older model red Honda. The suspect left heading toward Kingston Pike on Campbell Station Road.

• Oct. 5: A man on Midhurst Road advised police that the suspect had been staying with him until she gets a job. The suspect and complainant know each other through mutual friends. Complainant advised he let suspect borrow his vehicle to drive to her job interview at Ruby Tuesday’s. She was supposed to return the vehicle afterwards, but she never returned home. Complainant believes suspect may be in Loudon County at her boyfriend’s best friend’s house.

• Oct. 6: An O’Connell Drive man advised police that the door to his garage door had been open all day and an unknown person took items from his garage.

• Oct. 6: Officers responded to a burglary call on Union Road. The complainant/victim advised police that she left her home for game day events. When she returned home from the game she found that an unknown suspect had pried open her garage entry door. Complainant said she could not find anything missing. Officer investigation was unable to locate any suspect or witness information in a canvas of the neighborhood. A crime lab unit responded to process the residence.

• Oct. 6: A Dixon Road woman advised police that the night before she had her birthday party in a field behind her mother’s house. The victim stated that sometime during the night she got really sleepy and decided to go to sleep in a tent that was set up in the same field. The victim stated that when she woke up this morning she noticed that she had on a pair of gray shorts that she had never seen before. Victim stated that when she got out of the tent she found her underwear and her other clothing laying on the ground. The victim stated that she does not know how or who took her clothes off of her and she believes that she was sexually assaulted. The victim stated that she then went to Baptist West Hospital and called police.

• Oct. 7: A worker at the Pilot station on Campbell Station Road reported to police that a woman pumped gas and then drove off. The complainant advised police he told her on the speaker to please come pay after pumping and she looked at complainant and shook her head saying yes, then got in her car and drove off. Complainant believes this suspect drove off without paying.

• Oct. 8: Officers responded to a call on Grigsby Chapel Road at Smith Road due to a school bus on fire. The fire was caused by a railroad tie approximately four feet in length wedged between the axle and brakes. It is unknown how the railroad tie got there. The complainant stated that two children were on the bus at the time of the incident, but had got another bus prior to the officer’s arrival. No one was injured as a result of this incident.


News | Opinion | Sports | Business | Community | Schools | Obituaries | Announcements
Classifieds | Place Ad | Advertising | Contact Us | Archives | Search

© 2004-2017 farragutpress