Place Ad
Contact Us

police reports

• Oct. 8: Officers responded to a call on Grigsby Chapel Road at Smith Road due to a school bus on fire. The fire was caused by a railroad tie approximately four feet in length wedged between the axle and brakes. It is unknown how the railroad tie got there. The complainant stated that two children were on the bus at the time of the incident, but had got another bus prior to the officer’s arrival. No one was injured as a result of this incident.

• Oct. 9: A Brighton Court man advised police an unknown suspect damaged the rear windshield of his vehicle. The complainant stated the damage was possibly caused from the blow of a crowbar. The vehicle belongs to the complainant’s father.

• Oct. 9: Officers responded to a call at the Pilot station off North Campbell Station Road. The complainant stated an unknown person driving a Nissan Frontier pumped $50.08 in gas and drove off without paying.

• Oct. 10: Officers responded to a call at White Medical off Kingston Pike and were advised that an unknown suspect broke into two suites causing damage to several doors and cutting the cable and phone lines. Property also was taken from one suite. The scene was processed.

• Oct. 10: Officers responded to a vehicle burglary call and were advised that the complainant had gone into a church building for an hour or so and when he came back, his passenger side window had been busted out of his vehicle. The unknown suspect took items from the vehicle.

• Oct. 11: Officers responded to a report of a domestic problem off Chancellors Lane. The complainant stated that her husband had locked her out of their bedroom. The suspect stated that he and his wife had been arguing over a phone conversation between the complainant and their daughter, who does not live with the couple. The complainant stated that she wanted to leave for the night, but she was going to take the couple’s 5-year-old daughter with her to a motel. The suspect stated that if the complainant wanted to leave that would be fine, but he did not want her to wake their child up. The suspect refused to leave the residence also. Both parties stated that there was never a physical confrontation. Both parties were advised of their rights.

• Oct. 11: A Raven Road woman advised police that her vehicle broke down on her east of Watt Road on I-40 and she had to leave it along the roadway. When she returned to it, she discovered the exhaust system had been stolen out of it. No suspects.

• Oct. 13: A Brochardt Boulevard woman advised police that an unknown suspect driving a black Jeep drove by and damaged a flower pot. The flower pot was sitting on top of a brick mailbox.

• Oct. 13: Officers responded to a call from a Rising View Lane woman regarding a harassing phone call. The victim stated that the suspect (the victim’s husband’s ex-spouse) has been calling and leaving harassing messages on her phone. There has been two other incidents where officers were called to this location. The victim stated that the suspect is making these calls due to her husband’s health. The victim also stated that the suspect is trying to get money from the victim’s husband.

• Oct. 14: Officers responded to a call from a man off Rockwell Farms Lane. The victim/complainant stated that someone had entered the residence through the back window the evening before. The house is empty and under construction. The victim stated nothing was missing but the kitchen counter had a mark on it. The screen had been taken off the back window and the window was unlocked.

• Oct. 14: A Gwinhurst Road woman advised police that she and her husband were arguing and he had pushed her. Officers arrived to find both parties in the home where each admitted to a shoving match. The complainant stated she was confronted by the suspect about her giving her wedding ring back to him. The confrontation turned physical when she wanted the suspect out of her bedroom. Sometime during that confrontation, the suspect and the victim began to push each other. No visible marks or cuts were found on either party and the house appeared to be in order. The suspect and victim are in the process of divorce and live in separate parts of the home. The suspect agreed to leave the home for the night.

• Oct. 15: Officers responded to a call from a woman at a residence off Kingston Pike, who wanted to report that she and her stepfather had been in an argument. Complainant stated the argument took place at her stepfather’s residence where she had been staying. Complainant stated the argument was over money and the complainant’s husband. She stated they were arguing and both parties began to push each other at which time she left the residence. Complainant stated she would not be going back to the residence and would be going back to her husband.


News | Opinion | Sports | Business | Community | Schools | Obituaries | Announcements
Classifieds | Place Ad | Advertising | Contact Us | Archives | Search

© 2004-2017 farragutpress