Place Ad
Contact Us

police reports

• Jan. 22: Knox County Sheriff’s officer Ben Hibbert responded to a residence off Wagon Wheel Circle on report of a burglary. Victim stated an unknown suspect had attempted to gain entry to his garage by prying the door open during the night. Suspect did not gain entry but did damage the door.

• Jan. 23: KCSO officer Kenneth Aken responded to Petro Stopping Station off Watt Road on a suspicious person call. Witness told officers he had asked suspect to leave the property and the previous shift also had asked her to leave several times. Suspect told officers she was waiting inside to get warm. Aken told suspect the witness did not want her on the property and she had to leave. Suspect told officers, “I am not leaving this truck stop.” Suspect then was arrested for criminal trespassing because she refused to leave.

• Jan. 23: KCSO officer Ben Hibbert responded to Weigel's off Kingston Pike on report of vandalism. Employee stated she saw the suspect’s vehicle back in to their phone booth in the parking lot and then drive away. Phone booth was knocked out of the ground and lying on its side. Complainant stated the suspect is a frequent customer at the store and she works at NHC. Complainant knew suspect’s license number.

• Jan. 24: A Harrow Road man advised KCSO officer Julie Duncan that his daughter’s boyfriend, the suspect, was staying at their house while looking for a job. Complainant stated the suspect took a vehicle and his daughter’s H&R Block refund debit card. Complainant stated the suspect did not have permission to drive the vehicle.

• Jan. 25: KCSO officer Matt Lusk responded to a residence off Foxford Drive on a welfare check. Lusk knocked and announced his presence at the front door. He heard the victim call for help inside the residence. Officer kicked the walk through door in the garage and made entry into the residence. Victim was located in the bathroom, where she had fallen and was unable to raise herself. Rural/Metro responded to examine the victim. Victim declined transport for further evaluation.

• Jan. 26: KCSO officer Mike Cheaves responded to a residence under construction off Burney Circle. The house was about 80 percent complete. During the night of Jan. 25, an unknown suspect gained access to the building by unknown means. Complainant advised the front door and garage door were unlocked and open. Suspect(s) had ripped down seven light fixtures but did not take any of them. Suspects also removed wiring from the walls and the crawlspace.

• Jan. 27: A Brookstone Drive man advised KCSO officer Matt Lusk his daughter called him while driving home. Suspect was following the girl over a road rage incident off Turkey Creek Drive. Victim said he met his daughter outside his residence and the suspect pulled into the driveway, exited her vehicle and started a verbal altercation with the victim. Victim said the suspect was told to leave the property and refused. Victim went to rear of suspect’s vehicle to read the license plate number. He told Lusk the suspect then entered her vehicle and rapidly accelerated backward out of the driveway. Victim said he had to move out of the way to avoid being struck by the car. Suspect was stopped by officers a few feet from the victim’s driveway. Suspect said she was “bright-lighted” by the victim’s daughter and was afraid of her. Suspect was interviewed further and gave several different accounts of the incident. Suspect went to her residence without further incident.

• Jan. 28: A Sonja Drive woman advised KCSO officer Cathy Norris a set of her legal papers had been missing since October. She advised the papers were in a folder in a plastic box by her chair. Victim said she was disabled and rarely left her residence. Victim had a possible suspect but did not want to list a name at the time.

• Jan. 29: KCSO officer Joseph Crabtree responded to Baptist Hospital West in reference to a disturbance. Victim told officers she was traveling west on Interstate-40/75 and noticed a vehicle following her to the hospital. Victim stated as she was pulling into a parking space, the unknown suspect got out of his vehicle and approached her vehicle. He then began yelling obscenities at her. Victim stated this alarmed her so she dialed 911. When suspect saw her using the phone, he left the scene.


News | Opinion | Sports | Business | Community | Schools | Obituaries | Announcements
Classifieds | Place Ad | Advertising | Contact Us | Archives | Search

© 2004-2017 farragutpress