News
Opinion
Sports
Business
Community
entertainment
Schools
News
Announcements
Classifieds
Place Ad
Advertising
Contact Us
Archives
Search

Pretty in pink
Elegant Essentials donates to breast cancer foundation


West Knox County retailer Linda Parrent is donating proceeds from October sales at her store, Elegant Essentials, to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Five percent of the total proceeds of sales from the store’s Chamilia jewelry line will be donated.

“I don’t have anything personal that’s affected me,” Parrent said.

“But I wanted to do something because of all the strong survivors that I have coming through my store.

“I don’t think people should wait for it to affect them before doing something about it,” she added.

Donations will be made for sales throughout October, which is national Breast Cancer Awareness Month.


For Elegant Essentials’ October donations, the Chamilia line commissioned a special Susan G. Komen bracelet, sporting the iconic pink ribbons affiliated with breast cancer, as well as pink and either gold or silver beads and charms.

But Parrent said that was not enough.

“I wanted to open it up to the whole entire line, so if you bought a birthday cake [charm], or you got the mom charm, or you got the dog … that those proceeds would go to the Foundation,” Parrent said.

Chamilia is one of the largest lines Parrent carries in Elegant Essentials.

The Chamilia line is a collection of beads and accessories designed to be mixed-and-matched.

“This is a jewelry line; it’s not costume jewelry. This is the real stuff,” Parrent said.

“You can mix it any way, you define it how you define yourself,” she added. The line includes everything from charms to beads to crystals and gold, silver and glass pieces.

“They’re ever-changing,” Parrent said, adding the line has new pieces released every quarter.

Parrent also hosts Chamilia parties in-store, when hostesses bring in groups to view and buy the merchandise.

This month, Parrent said she had more parties scheduled than usual: up to 20 from a normal high of 12.

“I have 20 parties scheduled for the month of October, people knowing that when they buy Chamilia, they’re also giving to the Foundation,” Parrent said.

“At a time when it’s hard for people to give and donations are down, they know they’re getting something for themselves, they’re giving a gift to somebody else and they’re giving to the Foundation at the same time.

“It’s really, really good,” she added.

According to Parrent, 75 percent of the funds she will raise will stay in the East Tennessee area. The other 25 percent goes to grant research.

Elegant Essentials, 7240 Kingston Pike, carries gift items and accessories, as well as art and home décor.

The store will celebrate its second anniversary in November.

“This is my home,” Parrent said.

The store is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, except for Thursdays, when it is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

For more information, visit www.shopelegantessentials.com

 

News | Opinion | Sports | Business | Community | Schools | Obituaries | Announcements
Classifieds | Place Ad | Advertising | Contact Us | Archives | Search

© 2004-2014 farragutpress