KCSO reports

• At 2:35 p.m., Friday, June 12, Knox County Sheriff’s Officers responded to 10413 Kingston Pike (Commercial Bank) in regards to a subject attempting to cash a stolen check in the amount of $1,467.53. Upon arrival, officers made contact with witness/complainant, a bank teller at this location who advised suspect/arrestee attempted to cash a check. When running the check through her system, it revealed the check was stolen. She further advised the suspect attempted to cash the same check at the bank’s North Knoxville location a few hours prior to this incident. Officers spoke with detectives from the KCSO Forgery/Fraud unit. The suspect was placed into custody and transported to the detention facility.

• At 12:39 p.m., Wednesday, June 11, a complainant called KCSO West Precinct to report a burglary of his 2006 Toyota Tundra at a Ridgeland Drive address. A wallet with $200 in cash was among items stolen with a total value listed at $330, not including debit, credit and health insurance cards.

• At 6:08 p.m., Tuesday, June 9, officers received nine 911 calls from suspect/eventual arrestee who was threatening officers and misusing the 911 line. Officers responded to suspect’s residence, at an Amber Meadows Circle address, attempting to make contact with suspect and take him into custody. After a long period of time, officers determined the suspect was not at home. A phone ping via the 911 Center showed the phone to be pinging at Fairfield Inn along Snyder Road. An officer responded and located suspect’s vehicle parked behind the business. As officer approached the front doors he reported seeing the suspect standing at the back door talking to the hotel clerk, and when he turned to walk back towards the center of the lobby, he was visibly unsteady on his feet and almost fell to the ground. Officer said he approached suspect in the lobby, at which point suspect positioned himself behind a pillar and would not show his other hand. Officer said he continued giving verbal commands while waiting for other officers to arrive. Once other officers were on scene, the officer making initial contact ordered suspect to turn around and place his hands on a pillar, which he refused to do. Officer continued giving verbal commands that were ignored. Officers approached suspect and told him to place his hands behind his back because he was under arrest, at which time he physically resisted officers and would not place his hands behind his back. Officers took suspect to the ground and he physically pulled away and put his hands under his body. After a brief struggle, suspect was taken into custody. Suspect/arrestee had slurred speech, watery eyes and a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and person. A search in KCSO’s CLEAR database showed the phone number associated with the prank calls belonged to suspect/arrestee.