• At night driving west on Outlet Drive there is blinding light from Topgolf that endangers drivers. Topgolf could strategically place a banner into the netting that reads Topgolf and block this blinding light. This is advertising for Topgolf and a public service for those who drive Outlet Drive at night. The Town of Farragut should consider working with Topgolf to make driving on Outlet Drive safer.
• I noticed on the (Town of Farragut) Staff Developer meeting agenda (Tuesday, Oct. 4) is the Hy-Vee company coming to Farragut. Again, congratulations to Farragut officials ... for enticing Hy-Vee to come to Farragut. That’s wonderful economic development. ... We don’t need to continuously lose tenants to Loudon County. We don’t need to lose sales tax revenue from customers in Loudon County.
There have been developments approved: the Biddle Farm development that had some opposition. The Board of Mayor and Aldermen approved it. They did agree with Topgolf across the Interstate (along Outlet Drive) with that 60-foot-high wire screen. I’m sure there was some opposition to that.
There is some opposition to Hy-Vee, but Hy-Vee is a great company; and again, congratulations to Farragut officials for enticing them to come to Farragut.
We respectfully ask our readers to follow the following Presstalk rules when submitting their opinions:
• No names will be published, including those of public figures
• Please keep calls to a 90-second maximum (call 865-671-8255 24 hours a day, seven days a week);
• Please keep e-mailed Presstalks to 250 words maximum (firstname.lastname@example.org);
• Libelous and malicious comments will not be published;
• Profanity will be edited out;
• Comments will remain anonymous;
• Names of businesses may not be published depending on the issue.